Friday, August 6, 2010

Starting on the floor repair

So I finally got up to the trailer last weekend and brought along a truck load of crap. I was only able to bring some of my insulation I purchased last week since I loaded the truck with other stuff including my new bathroom sink and a sheet of 3/4 plywood.

I was really excited about the sink since the size was sorta odd. I dragged the sink out of my truck and plopped it into the hole in the vanity. PERFECT fit!!! Once I put a chrome faucet on it and clean the rest of the bath it should look great. The green color of the sink should match the pink and black of the rest of the bath.


I had to cut out a bit more of the floor and clean up the cuts I made previously. Most of the old screws were rusted to the steel frame or rusted to a point. I pounded them down which released them then simply pulled them out.

 The 3/4" floor is sitting on steel frame rails that have 3/4" x 4" nailing rails on top of the steel. I cut new rails and glued them down with liquid nail sub floor adhesive. I will reinforce them the next time I'm there. I can tell I will need at least another 4x8 piece of plywood to fill the holes in the living room. All of this will then be covered with a thin sub floor so I can tile it.

I decided to remove the bathroom toilet since I discovered it was cracked across the bowl. The bolts were so rusted I had to break the tank with a hammer to get it out of the bathroom. The entire floor of the bath will need to be replaced since it is as bad as the parts of the floor I removed in the living area.

I decided to also take down the cabinet in the kitchen so I could attempt to take it home. I got it down but no such luck taking it home. Now I will be able to clean the cabinet really good along with the wall behind the cabinet.

I removed the panel below the non opening window next to the door and it looks like there is a ground wire that runs through the wiring. This should make the replacement of the outlets from 2 prong to 3 prong safe and easy.


I did not get as much accomplished as I would have liked. The grass was very long and by the time we borrowed a lawn mower and got it gassed up allot of time was gone. At least I got to go have a Swig at Nigs bar in the Dells with my son who just turned 21!

No comments:

Post a Comment