Friday, July 30, 2010

Found more stuff for the Spartan

Well needless to say I haven't been up to the Spartan in almost a month. Work that pays comes first! The good news is I will be there to try and seal up the holes in the floor this weekend.

I have been in and out of the local Goodwill store and the Restore in Elgin the past couple weeks. I found a few new things this week to go in the Spartan.

The rear bedroom of my Spartan is missing the original nightstands. They were originally in both back corners of the bedroom. Recently someone had two for sale on craigslist for $150.00 but with shipping it most likely would have been costly. I decided to set up the bedroom in the future for maximum capacity. I will set up two twin beds on either end with a night stand in between which I can move if I want to push the beds together for one large bed. I found the night stand at Goodwill this week. The nightstand is a all metal nightstand from the 1950's. The best part is I paid $6.99 for it!

My second great find was a sink that should fit in the bathroom just fine. I found it at the Restore for $25.00 It is a Kohler and brand new. I think the green color will blend well with the pink of the bathroom.
Today I decided to check the price of underlayment at Home Depot and while I was looking around I found insulation on clearance. I figured I would be stuck with R-13 insulation because of price. I found R-19 for $7.16 each bundle. I bought 6 bundles. I'm pretty sure this won't be nearly enough!

No comments:

Post a Comment