Wednesday, June 30, 2010

More great finds at the ReStore!


So the ReStore is a Habitat for Humanity store where people donate things like building materials and furniture to them so they can sell the stuff for the charity.

The place always has different items and sometimes it's a hit and sometimes a miss. I found the pink tile for the bathroom there last week and have been thinking about the other tiles they have and the sale at .25 per tile and kept saying to my self.."hmm .66 for the exact tile I want or .25 for something pretty close" So. while I was out doing my usual real estate work I decided to stop over there today. I went digging through the skids of tile and was looking for colors I could use in the Spartan. I was a bit sad to see the rest off the pink tiles gone except for one lonely piece.




I found a green tile that I think is pretty close to the green in my sample picture and picked up two unopened cases. I found a tan color that is not quite the yellow tan but I think it will do and was able to find two cases of tile loose. I figured the red they had was just not quite right with a speckle of blue in the mix. So off to the cashier I went. On the way to the cashier I found two mid century end tables tucked away under a large dining room table. Will they fit in my car? Let's see if these legs come off. Yup! Good deal, only five bucks each! Total cost with the four cases of tile $62.00








I was loading the car and kept telling myself, those red tiles aren't that bad who is going to notice the little specs of blue in them? After all it's only a accent tile. So back into the store I go to pick through the stack to find fifty unbroken tiles. Total 12 bucks and some change.

The picture to the left is the tile laid out in the pattern on my garage floor. I'm not sold on the tan, I may have to get a yellowish tan instead.



With the potential cost of renovation being the sky's the limit every little bit I can save will bring this project closer to completion.

No comments:

Post a Comment