Monday, June 28, 2010

Some design ideas for the Spartan








I wanted to redo the floor with a old style tile, not a laminate, wood or any modern tile. The best thing I could find was the Armstrong VCT tile you see on the floors of most stores and commercial buildings. The options with these tiles are limitless.


I searched the web for designs knowing the standard checkerboard pattern in most redo's is does not have much of a wow factor. I finally found the design I am going to use throughout the main area and kitchen. The great thing about these tiles is they are only .66 per foot and come in a zillion colors. I will special order them when I get the camper closer to done in the same colors in this picture.


Furniture will be a on going search. The back bedroom originally had one bed. I think my best option will be to furnish it for maximum capacity. I think I will use two beds in the bedroom that can be pushed together if needed to one large bed. For the living room I think I will use two fold down couches opposite each other. I found a great looking mid century fold down at Value City Furniture but it only comes in off white, probably not a good idea when we usually are filthy from riding ATV's all day. So I think I will be stuck with the dark brown couch which is half the price.
















< $489.00 or $199.00>


This Spartan did not come with a seating booth originally. I think I will make one that folds down to a bed for a total sleeping capacity of 8.
I was very lucky to find a cool tile for the bathroom in the Spartan. The bath is in sad shape. The walls in the bath are pink and original. The sink and vanity are also original and the sink has a rusted out bottom I hope to fix or replace. The original pink toilet will need to come out since I don't have a septic on the land and the Spartan doesn't have a holding tank. I bought a portable toilet that can be used and emptied at the end of each trip. The floor in the bath is very soft and I will be replacing it at a later date.
Pink tile found at the ReStore in Elgin IL. for .25 each.

No comments:

Post a Comment