Saturday, June 26, 2010

Taking delivery!



I was lucky enough to find a guy who was reasonably priced to deliver my Spartan to it's new home in Adams-Friendship Wisconsin. He arrived late picking it up and me and my friend Dino had a nice long wait with Kirk waiting for him to arrive. I guess the two hour wait was worth it with the amount of money I saved!




When the driver arrived he decided to test the 60 year old lights to see if they worked. He cut the old connector and added new wire. All the lights worked!! We were amazed!




Now for the 190 mile trip on original tires to it's new home. With rain in the forecast I decided we would not follow him we would meet him there. I didn't need the stress of driving behind her all the way. So I set the GPS for the "shortest" route (big mistake) and we went on our merry way.




The very long winding road trip was not too bad since I had a chance to talk with Dino and he seemed to enjoy the ride or at least not complain about the 4 hours it took to get to the land.




The camper arrived a hour or so after we arrived and it was raining pretty good. We had to cut a few branches to get her in place but overall it went quick. She is now in her new and "permanent" place.




No comments:

Post a Comment